Are you like I was? Too many clothes in your wardrobe that the railing is bowing in the centre, but have nothing to wear? A fridge full of food, but nothing that you want to eat? A work space so cluttered with paper that you struggle to find your laptop? Trying to do a million things at once, but not actually doing anything you enjoy?
Well considering it was National Simplify Your Life Week last week (who knew…apparently the 1st week in August each year), I thought it would be a great time to share 5 tips to help simplify your life.
- Clothing: Sort through your wardrobe and drawers and clear out anything that you haven’t worn for the past year, doesn’t fit you anymore or just makes you feel a bit dull. Make a pile to give to charity and another to sell. The money you make can go towards buying clothes that fit and make you feel like the person you want to be.
- Food: It’s time to go through your fridge, freezer and pantry and throw away anything that is out of date, spoiled, contains ingredients you can’t even pronounce or that you simply don’t like. Clean inside cupboards and wipe out fridges and freezers with a cloth and a few drops of pure vanilla essence. Fill your new clean space with the foods you love, fragrant spices and beautiful ingredients which are nourishing and inspire you to cook.
- Work space: How would you feel if your boss walked into your office or over to your desk right now, or an important client decided to drop in for a chat? Is your environment a clean, calm, organised space you want to be in, or is it one of mess and total chaos? If you answered yes to the latter, it’s time to organise your space. Sort through papers and stationery and only keep what you truly need. Clutter makes our brains go crazy, so do yourself a favour and sort it out today.
- People: We all know those Friends or colleagues that seem to weigh us down, that take more than they give, and leave us feeling emotionally drained. It’s time to be assertive and let them know your boundaries. Start spending time with people who inspire you, who make you feel good about yourself and are encouraging. Surround yourself with the kind of people that make you want to step into your most empowered self ever.
- Schedule: We all do it…make too many commitments and try to do a million things at once. Accept invitations we really have no interest in going to just to be polite. But who are we really making happy by doing this? Most often, everyone else but ourselves. To simplify your life, start by cancelling at least 2 things from your calendar this month that you really don’t want to be a part of. Use that time to give back to yourself and see how good it feels.
If you would like to find out more about ways to simplify your life, the first session of my 90-day program delves deep into this topic as we discuss the importance of clearing out the clutter to make way for the new, both physically and emotionally. If you’re curious, please reach out by clicking on the link below to book a complimentary Total Health Transformation Discovery Session with me today. You’ve got nothing to lose and only your health to gain!